Phone (406) 994-7091 for information.
KGLT 91.9 fm is alternative public radio broadcasting 24 hrs a day from Montana State University in Bozeman, with translators in Helena (98.1) and Livingston (89.5). Our programming is diverse, offering everything from Jazz to Rock - Classical to Bluegrass. KGLT’s signal is available to over 100,000 people across Southwest Montana.
KGLT is listener supported. The majority of our operating funds come from Underwriting and our annual Fund Drive. KGLT's listeners are loyal supporters who share a deep appreciation for our non-commercial, diverse programming. KGLT has been awarded 'Best Radio Station in Bozeman' - SEVEN years in a row – and continues to be one of the most listened-to stations in Gallatin Valley.
Underwriting at KGLT
- Reaches an exclusive audience and identifies your business as a supporter of alternative public radio across Southwest Montana.
- Builds community awareness for your business or organization.
- Breaks through the clutter of conventional commercial advertising by promoting your business in an advertisement-free, setting. As a non-commercial station, KGLT does not air pushy hype, and all underwriter messages are read live by the announcers, making them an integral part of our programming - not an irritating interruption.
- Features your business name, products and services in our direct-mail program guide (1200+ subscribers) and on our web page. Your message also reaches the homes, offices and automobiles of a diverse listening audience.
FCC Underwriting Guidelines
The FCC dictates that all public radio stations must refrain from using underwriting language that contains:
- Calls to Action
Avoid words such as "call," "stop by," or other phrases prompting action.
- References to Price
Avoid phrases like "actual price," "free," "on sale," etc.
Do not use any qualitative descriptors like "best," "greatest," "most reliable," etc.
- Inducements to Buy, Rent, Sell or Lease
Do not use copy that includes references to buying or selling products or services
The intent of underwriting is to publicly acknowledge our underwriters and provide a brief description of any of the following:
- notable business anniversary
- relocation information
- slogans used as a standard
- traditional portion of the business’s marketing mix
The description must not violate FCC regulations.
|Who Supports KGLT?||General Underwriters|
For more information and a list of rates, please contact our Underwriting Coordinator, Ron Craighead, by sending in the form below or phone 406-994-7091.